T.E.S.L.A. (Technical Empowerment Through Social Learning Abilities):
T.E.S.L.A. is a techno social club where students are working to solve real life problems exploring their existing engineering knowledge with the help of their teachers from various subject backgrounds. “T. E. S. L. A.” encourages students for the development of the nation through identifying and solving the problems of rural as well as urban areas; thus inculcating patriotism amongst them. It also helps for a new start up and gives an opportunity to be a leader. “T. E. S. L. A.” work with NSS and many other organizations including NGOs and NPOs. It is run by the students for the students. Under the “T. E. S. L. A.” members participate in different technical programs like conferences, hackathon, product development compititions, etc. to achieve something worth to be mentioned in CV.
Education and talent together binds up to prove strength in the times of crisis .
Recent achievement: Amid the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown a talented bunch from our college shined at International level. Yash. S. Gawade T.E. E&TC student, guided by Dr.Y.P. Patil, Associate prof. Engineering Sciences and facilitator for T.E.S.L.A. drafted a research paper on the topic “Subsurface Drainage principle for Agricultural land and Remedies to improve”. All the required research activities and compilations for the paper were carried out in T.E.S.L.A. club.The research paper was presented in International Conference in GloRes and was awarded the “Best Paper Presentation Award”. For the IEEE HAC & SIGHT Special call for Project proposals, our proposal of “UV based Disinfection Machine (20-Cov-49)” proved to gain their confidence of the young promising brains of our college .The proposal secured an immediate grant of US $4418. Both these achievements would prove as encouragement to the young minds and other beginners for their promising skills and hard work.
As a part of the objectives of establishing this technosocial club, on 31/10/2018, A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society’s Institute of Information Technology, Pune and Gram Gaurav Pratishthan, Khalad, Tal. Purandar, Dist. Pune. According to this MoU the students of IOIT will provide technical help to the Gram Gaurav Pratishthan for the progress and development of villages.
Dr. Sonali Shinde, Secretary of Gram Gaurav Pratishthan is working for the welfare of the farmers. The students of Techno-social club “T.E.S.L.A. – “Technical Empowerment through Social Learning Abilities“ implement various projects and ideas for the development of farmers.
The MoU was signed by the Principal Dr. P. B. Mane on behalf of T.E.S.L.A. and Dr. Sonali Shinde on behalf of Gram Gaurav Pratishthan. Dr. Yogesh Patil, Coordinator, T.E.S.L.A. Club and Prof. Sachin Kokane, Coordinator, NSS were present at the moment.
The list of the projects undertaken so far:
- Basic Electrical training to farmers of Khalad Village.
- General Guidance to the students of school in Khalad.
- Up-gradation of existing age old irrigation system (Syphon)
- Automation of humidity controller for Mushroom Cultivation.
- Finding best non-conventional energy source for Khalad.
- Developing cost effective and convenient Intranet facility in Khalad.
- Designing and simplifying technology for preparation of Activated Carbon.
- Finding Medicinal values of Cassia-Tora (Takhla).
- Crop ERP.
- Preparing Fuel Bricks using lignocellulose.
- Ethanol production from lignocellulose.
- Soil and water testing of Nangaon village.
- Finding the solution to decrease the salinity of soil on basis of the local habitation.
- Implementing whirlpool turbine concept on the riverbed of Nangaon village.
- Sophistication of Jaggery Production.
- Erection of windmill / finding alternate energy source for water pumps in Nangaon.
- Designing technology for off barring operations.
- Evolving technology for Earthing up operation.
- Making compact and cost effective power tiller.
- Designing stubble shaver for crops.
- Automating the operation of Spade.
- Advancing mini harvester.
- Designing manual grass cutter.
- Developing an app for Blood Donors.
- Nangaon Solid waste management.
- Smart washing machine
- Portable refrigerator
- Reclamation of waste vegetable oil
- Device for water analysis TDS Meter
- Smart dryer for coastal regions