The library is a silent zone. Mobile phones and watch alarms should be switched to silent mode before entering the Library. Members should report the loss of their Borrow cards/ID cards immediately to the Librarian. While entering the library, Students1 should wear the Identity card. During Library hours the concerned library staff in charge will take care of entries and to maintain discipline in the library premises. Anyone found disturbing the library atmosphere will be asked to leave the library. All Library transactions should be through circulation counter only.
- Library members should produce their valid Borrow card whenever they borrow/return /renew their books at the circulation counter.
- Members are not allowed to use others Borrow card/ID card.
- Books will be renewed only if the title does not attract fine, reservation and also if it is not renewed 2 times already.
- During Study holidays and Exam days E-mail renewals are allowed, if the books does not attract fine and reservation.
- Reference Books, Back Volumes and Periodicals are not issued.
- Members are responsible for the books issued to their account.
- Under special circumstances Librarian has the right to recall any issued books even before the due date.
- The users should not bring the borrowed books inside the stack room.
Hours of Operations
The library is open on all days except listed holidays. The working hours are:
On Working Days
|Central Library||08.00 A.M to 06.30 P.M|
|Circulation||08.00 A.M to 06.30 P.M|
|Reference||08.00 A.M to 06.30 P.M|
|Stack Room||08.00 A.M to 06.30 P.M|
|Periodical||08.00 A.M to 06.30 P.M|
|Central Library||08.00 A.M to 05.00 P.M
No transactions (only reading facility is available)
The following entitlements apply to books in the general loan collections of the Central Library.
|Membership Category||Borrowing Entitlements||Loan Period|
|Students (FE to BE)||03 Books||15 Days|
|Students (ME)||03 Books||30 Days|
|PHD Students||05 Books||30 Days|
|Faculty||15 Books||One Semester|
|Non-Teaching Staff||03 Books||15 Days|
Fine will be collected for the late return of books as follows:
- After the due date Rs. 5.00 per day.
- Members who do not return the books even after 30 days from the due date will lose the right to borrow books.
Loss or Damage of Book
Members should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures, index etc. while borrowing the books from the Library. No books in damaged condition will be accepted from the member. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower. Incase loss of books it should be informed immediately to the Librarian and Members should replace the latest edition of the same title and author or if the book is out-of-print then they should pay double the cost of the book.
Reservation of Books
All books which are out on loan to another member may be reserved at the circulation counter. Intimation of reserved books will be given on telephone to the member. Members who do not borrow the books within the two days, after availability, their reservation for the books will be cancelled and next priority members will enjoy the reservation.
Members may cancel their request for reservation of books by informing at the circulation section. If there is a reservation for the book, members should compulsorily return the book on or before due date to the library.
Students are advised to avail the opportunities of using the CDs and Internet browsing at the library by using Wi-Fi. Also, 10 headphones are available at the counter to avail facility of NPTEL videos.