To equip students with core and state of the art Information Technologies.
Imparting knowledge of Information Technology and teaching its application through innovative practices and to instill high morale, ethics, lifelong learning skills, concern for the society and environment.
Program Education Objectives (PEO):
- To prepare students to identify, formulate, and solve multifaceted and complex IT problems.
- To teach core professional skills with latest information technologies that prepares students for immediate employment in Information Technology Industry.
- To teach students soft skills that prepares them for leadership roles along diverse career paths.
- To make students aware of their social responsibilities in building the nation/society.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate database, networking and programming technologies.
- Graduates will be able to apply core professional state of the art IT.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science,engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution ofcomplex engineering problems.[Engineering knowledge]
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analysecomplex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using firstprinciples of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.[Problem analysis]
- Design solutions for complexengineering problems and design system components or processes that meetthe specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health andsafety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.[Design/development of solutions]
- Use research-basedknowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis andinterpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide validconclusions.[Conduct investigations of complex problems]
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques,resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction andmodelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of thelimitations.[Modern tool usage]
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextualknowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and theconsequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.[The engineer and society]
- Understand the impact of theprofessional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts,and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.[Environment and sustainability]
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics andresponsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.[Ethics]
- Function effectively as an individual, and as amember or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.[Individual and team work]
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activitieswith the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being ableto comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, makeeffective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.[Communication]
- Demonstrate knowledge andunderstanding of the engineering and management principles and applythese to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manageprojects and in multidisciplinary environments.[Project management and finance]
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation andability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest contextof technological change.[Life-long learning]